Post by Ron Pittman on Apr 14, 2010 16:57:39 GMT -5
Volunteer Work Day at Liberty
Saturday April 24th 8:45 am until 12noon
We have been asked to partner with another civic group on National Service Day to work on the Liberty Disc Golf Course.
This is a great chance for others to see just what WCDGC can do. If you can come, post here. If you are a maybe --- that is fine---- just say so. Nothing on our work list is too involved. You can bring friends and family if you like.
Bring: Gloves Bug spray 1 or 2 of the following: scoop, shovel, yard rake, lawn rake, sling blade, or pruners.
Thanks, Ron Pittman
BTW, I meet with the Athletic Director from Franklin City Parks today. Hopefully some announcements about weekly/monthly events, clinics, etc are just around the corner.
I'll be there with gloves on! ...I'll stay for a round after as well, weather permitting. However, with a 80-90% chance of severe weather from 12noon on, and only a 10% chance at 7am, I'm going to show up for a round before the course closes. Any other early risers care to join me?
WARNING: through a combination of GPS and aerial photography, I've programmed all of the tree locations into my customized disc guidance chips and they are now flying with active limb avoidance radar. Please realign any expectations of Victory at Liberty accordingly.